Thursday, February 3, 2011

Little Legs Tutorial!

Hi everyone! Happy Thursday!!!
Today I am going to show you how to make little legs for little babies! (Toddlers can wear theese too!)
Start with long socks, adult knee high socks work very well! I found these adorable striped St. Patty's Socks and 2 pairs of Valentine's socks!

First step is cut off the toe and than make 2 cuts to cut off the heel.

Here is what it looks like when it is all cut apart.

This is the two parts you need. The other pieces can be thrown away.

Now you will have 4 pieces. 2 long pieces and 2 short pieces. You will need to fold the short piece in half. Like this:

Now put the cut part of the long sock into the short part. It will look like this:

Now it is time to serge the sock. You need to open the sock, you will have 3 pieces of cloth. That needs to go under the serger. Now you will serge it all the way around the sock.

Here is what it looks like after the sock has been serged all the way around!

Now turn the sock the right way and do the other sock the same way!

Here are all three pairs finished!!! I will put a picture of them on a baby up in just a little bit!

Would love to see your finished projects! Link your posts to here!

7 comments:

  1. I hope I get a sewing machine for my birthday. I want to make some of these so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute socks! Hi there! I'm a new follower from the Thursday Blog Hop! I'd love if you stopped by and followed me back!
    www.texastypeamom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOH those are so cute! I'm a new follower from the hop!

    I've got a Valentine's day giveaway going till three today if you'd like to try your luck!

    http://lovinangelseveryday.blogspot.com/2011/01/valentines-day-its-daddy-thing.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea!!!

    PS- I nominated you for the stylish blogger award! check it out: http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/02/im-stylish-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! So glad you linked them up to Gettin' Krafty With It!

    ReplyDelete